Tuesday, June 12, 2018

From the CTKG Cabinet: Gwyn Romanzi

Hi, my name is Gwyn. As you may know I was a finalist in the 2017 Kid Governor election. I'm now on the Kid Governor Cabinet with the other finalists working with 2018 CTKG Megan.



I ran on a platform of ending childhood poverty. My three point plan includes holding a canned food drive, toiletry drive, and informing students about my issue.


Canned Food Drive 
In my campaign video you saw me collecting the canned food. After collecting the food at my school, everyone who donated got to take a walk to our local soup kitchen. Only the people who donated to the canned food drive got to be in my video.

Toiletry Drive 
At my school we are getting ready for a toiletry drive. We just need to sort out a few things before we get started. At my school everyone is ready to help. Everyone wants to get involved. Everyone seems really interested in my issue.

Informing Students
When I was running for Kid Governor, many people asked me what poverty was. Most people just guessed it means that you are homeless, but this is not the case. Poverty means that you don't have much of anything and the things you do have can get you very sick. Poverty can lead to mental heath issues and can stop you from getting a good education. These are reasons why I will take my research further and inform my class mates at an assembly.


If you have any questions feel free to ask them at info@kidgovernor.org. I would love to hear what you have been doing to help this cause!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment